We all know….well maybe not all of us but you get the expression….that Final Fantasy VII came out in 1997, making 2017 the 20th anniversary year, and you know Square Enix is very well aware of that. So what can we expect to bring in the anniversary? Honestly I don’t have any idea, as I’m sure most of you don’t as well. And that’s okay as long as Square releases some cool things, I’m not too picky overall….except for a few major things I’d love to see. Some of the things I’d like to see I think are more unlikely than not, but hey, you never know! Sega did a great job on the 25th anniversary collectors edition for Sonic Mania so I hope Square does something as cool or even cooler! Without further ado, here is the list of Final Fantasy VII things I’d love to see!
- Final Fantasy VII Remake part 1. How could this not be the number thing wanted? Square has not hidden by any means that the new game will be released in parts, and be as long as a stand alone Final Fantasy XIII game (which means it’ll be a long game overall, I’m okay with that). That would be the best way to bring in the Final Fantasy VII 20th anniversary, I can’t think of anything that would be more meaningful and exciting than this.
- Maybe Crisis Core be on the PSN? I’d love to see that happen (or a remake of that too but that would never happen, at least not yet). I want to be able to play Crisis Core on my Vita and while I doubt that’ll happen I suppose it’s not impossible right? So one can hope. Those of us who used to have a PSP but no longer have one, but instead have a Vita, should be able to play it, at least that’s my thought on the matter. Crisis Core is an incredible game and I’d love to have it back in the form of a playable Vita game, maybe a Vita game that has some graphical enhancements? That’s not too much to ask I don’t think.
- Awesome merchandise! The works; hats, shirts, blankets, rings, necklaces, if it can have a FFVII symbol on it then I want to see it. I think Square has a huge opportunity here to make some big bucks on merchandise and they may as well capitalize on that. I’d certainly buy more than one item if they decide to do that I’d be very excited for that!
- Oh and you know how we see PS2 games sent to PS4 with better graphics, trophy support, etc? I want to see that happen with Dirge of Cerberus. That game, for all of its faults, is a great game, it’s a lot of fun to me, so I want to see it get a bump and be back in action on PS4. I have the PS2 original game so it’s not like I can’t play it today, right now in fact if I want, but still I’d be pumped to see Dirge of Cerberus get more attention.
- Maybe an announcement of other Compilation of Final Fantasy VII games? Sure, the Remake is the big boy we all want, and to maybe see the other releases get enhanced in some form or fashion, but I want to see a taste of what’s next. I doubt the remake is the last of the VII world we will see so why not show some of it? Is it post DoC? Is it somewhere in the main VII line, from a different view? Whatever it is I want to see it, because you’re nuts to think Square will let this die and I’d like at least a peak into the future at least.
Maybe there are some other cool things that Square could do, but I think these are the top of the line for me. I sincerely hope 2017 brings answers and excitement to all VII fans worldwide!